Author Topic: Hunger games  (Read 9947 times)

Offline syncr0

• Player
    • View Profile
  • MC name: Syncr0
Hunger games
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
Have you all seen the hotest thing in minecraft lately? It's called hunger games, based on the movie/book I guess.
You start off in a map (with borders) with x players & last man standing wins. It's a lot of fun. Not all servers use the same plugin (some servers coded their own plugin) to do this though, so you gotta find the 'good' servers ;)

Have you guys tried it yet? How did you do?

Offline littletimmy4

• Player
  • im not little
    • View Profile
  • MC name: littletimmy
Re: Hunger games
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »
yes we were going to build one depending on what nes will say
Shit my pants once..Shame on me. Shit my pants twice.. get another pair of pants.

Offline Nesray

• Player
  • Revolution
    • View Profile
  • MC name: Nesray
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:34 AM »
hmm i like this, ill look into this.

btw the real hunger games is called Battle royal.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao Tzu

Offline LawfulTub

• Player
  • Insert smart catchphrase
    • View Profile
  • MC name: LawfulTub
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 06:45:31 AM »
Hunger Games is a book, Battle Royal is a game mode...
Im a Moderator on all EpicMushroom Servers
Pm or email me with and problems and I will respond immediately

"You know those times when your lack of grammar and skill of spelling leaves me confused?

This is one of those times" -Avvie12

Offline FourWinged

• Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »
Battle Royale is a famous Japanese Movie. The idea is very similar to the Hunger Games'. Battle Royale actually is a really great movie.

Offline syncr0

• Player
    • View Profile
  • MC name: Syncr0
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
More info.
There are 2 'types' of hunger games (HG).

1)A group of players created the hunger games world. They did this based on the movie/book with the cornucopia (not sure aboutspelling; I haven't read/seen the HG yet)  as spawn. This map usually has hidden chest spots, hidden rooms, but also room which are rigged with traps.
Some servers have different versions of this map: edited spawn, more/less chests, less/more items in chest, etc.These servers run a plugin where the map gets reset after the tournament is over. I've seen servers where you can mine blocks, but I've also seen servers where you cannot mine blocks. I think it is intended  that you cannot mine blocks so you can only use items you find in secret chests (& chests at spawn)

2) mcpvp also offers HG: they use a random map each time, no hidden chest etc: clean map every tournament. You got 2 min invincibility, which gives you time to hide/gather wood. I enjoy this one a lot more. They use kits, which define what items you start with. They also got something special called the feast. But you'll have to play to see what surprise this holds!
I think their plugin is for sale btw, hint hint ;)

ps: go on youtube and watch some videos :)

Offline littletimmy4

• Player
  • im not little
    • View Profile
  • MC name: littletimmy
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
More info.
There are 2 'types' of hunger games (HG).

1)A group of players created the hunger games world. They did this based on the movie/book with the cornucopia (not sure aboutspelling; I haven't read/seen the HG yet)  as spawn. This map usually has hidden chest spots, hidden rooms, but also room which are rigged with traps.
Some servers have different versions of this map: edited spawn, more/less chests, less/more items in chest, etc.These servers run a plugin where the map gets reset after the tournament is over. I've seen servers where you can mine blocks, but I've also seen servers where you cannot mine blocks. I think it is intended  that you cannot mine blocks so you can only use items you find in secret chests (& chests at spawn)

2) mcpvp also offers HG: they use a random map each time, no hidden chest etc: clean map every tournament. You got 2 min invincibility, which gives you time to hide/gather wood. I enjoy this one a lot more. They use kits, which define what items you start with. They also got something special called the feast. But you'll have to play to see what surprise this holds!
I think their plugin is for sale btw, hint hint ;)

ps: go on youtube and watch some videos :)

i was thinking more of number one but not destroying blocks
Shit my pants once..Shame on me. Shit my pants twice.. get another pair of pants.

Offline Olliecus

• Player
    • View Profile
  • MC name: Olliecus
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »
I'm currently reading the hunger games books, and if you implemented this into a server it might get me back into the game.

Good luck.

Recent Posts

Re: Albert is a dirty Mexican
by littletimmy4
[November 25, 2013, 02:00:29 AM]
Re: Albert is a dirty Mexican
by ifoundsaddam1
[November 16, 2013, 06:02:37 PM]
Re: DEAD
by littletimmy4
[November 10, 2013, 12:41:16 AM]
DEAD